About Jan O'Hara
I started teaching childbirth classes in 2010 because I really enjoy educating people. As a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner, it's my favorite part of the job. And I know that when it comes to pregnancy, labor, and delivery, new parents have a lot to learn!
I've always been fascinated by childbirth, and have built a career on helping women navigate this incredible experience. My undergraduate background is in biology and ecology. I then became a certified doula. This lead me to a degree in nursing and a certified professional midwife. I later became a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner and Lamaze Childbirth Educator. I have a well-rounded experience when it comes to birth. I also have two children myself.
I have seen and experienced birth from many different perspectives, and I look forward to sharing my knowledge with you.
- Vanderbilt University School of Nursing – Master of Science in Nursing, Women's Health Nurse Practitioner (WHNP) Program
- Emory University – Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Nurse Practitioner – Vickery Family Medicine (Asheville, NC)
- Nurse Practitioner – Ideal Image (Asheville, NC)
- Registered Nurse – Mission Hospital, Labor & Delivery Unit (Asheville, NC)
- Registered Nurse – Mission Hospital, Mother Baby Unit (Asheville, NC)
- Women's Health Nurse Practitioner & Nurse Educator – Biltmore OB-GYN (Asheville, NC)
- Women's Health Nurse Practitioner – Memorial Hospital, Maternal Fetal Medicine Department (Colorado Springs, CO)
- Volunteer Nurse Practitioner (Honduras)
- Nurse Practitioner – Clarksville Surgical Associates (Clarksville, TN)
- Registered Nurse – Baptist Hospital, Labor & Delivery Unit (Nashville, TN)
- Women's Health Nurse Practitioner – Planned Parenthood of Middle Tennessee (Nashville, TN)
- Junior Midwife – Austin Area Birthing Center (Austin, TX)
- Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner Certified
- Critical Care Obstetrics Certification
- NARM Certified Professional Midwife
- NRP and CPR current